Friday, February 29, 2008

Tiger

It seems that what people want is to hear the scoop on my beloved sister, so no one can say I disappoint. Here goes...
When we were young lings, my sister and I both had a cat. Her cats name was Smokey and he was gray ( how imaginative) and mine was named Tiger! He was tiger striped and I think very cleverly named ( I was only 9 or 10 so it was clever, she was almost in jr. high and should have had a better imagination, hee, hee). The mom cat was Fluffy, but shes not in this story.
Tiger loved me, he slept in my bed, he climbed in my window after I went to bed(because he was supposed to be out for the night) and he left that way in the a.m. If he would have been a human he would have been crazy, he was very spooky and SOMEONE I wont name names, but she would use that spookiness to her advantage. Just because my cat would beat the living stuffing out of her precious little kitty, she would stomp at him, and yell at him and just be pretty rotten. Now I'm not saying my cat was perfect, because he wasn't, he ate the butter on the counter, he brought mice into the house to share with us, he abused his sissy brother, but he kept all of the other cats in the WHOLE neighborhood out of our yard. For years. He lived to be about 21 or 22, but that's not this story. So sis had a hate/ hate relationship with my cat (as did others in my family- it was the two of us against the world) and one day she was eating thin sliced turkey meat. She was in high school I think and she was teasing him with it. Keeping it out of reach, but over him so he had to sit up to get it, and than she would pull it up and pop it in her mouth. He liked food, and he was long, I told her he would get it and she said something like " whatever". When she did it again he sat up and she started to pull it out of his reach and he FULLY sat up and grabbed her hand with his mighty claws of death and pulled her hand down to his mouth, where he very tenderly ate the turkey out of her hand (he wasn't a horrible cat) all the while she was yelling "ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-Julie, your stupid cat ow-ow-ow...and etc."
I laughed.
Once I was petting his tummy and said "hey, come and pet him", she said no he will get me. I kept petting him and showing her how gentle he was, finally she did and as soon as she touched him he grabbed her with all four claws of death. I laughed.
SO, someone left a comment about karma? Well, if a person believes in karma than they have to admit that certain behavior to an animal that only wants love and tenderness, but gets everything else instead is sure to result in a few ( to say the least ) painful experiences. The moral to this story is ....never tease a Wiesel (my cat-Tiger), teasing isn't nice!

p.s. Smokey was a very sweet kitty.

10 comments:

Kay Day said...

all I can say is... He started it.

Momstheword said...

Tiger was an odd cat but he loved my daughter (one of them). Julie, remember the time he brought you a mouse and sat it down on your pillow in front of your face? Need I say more? This daughter has a scream that petrifies your brain. I have told her on several occasions that she reserve that scream for whenever she steps on a rattlesnake.:)

Toia said...

That's funny.

Robin said...

I think I have that scream too and its definitely not reserved for rattlesnakes any creepy crawly can bring it on... all this from a country girl - what went wrong?

Oh and Kay, I feel for you - when I was 3-4 years old I was playing with (okay teasing) a tom cat and he didn't like it too much and reached up and tried to take my ear off. The emergency room took care of my medical problems, but I still have distrust of cats.

Julie said...

Mom, it was Fluffy that brought me the mouse. And I recall that a certain mother thought I could wait until morning to get it out of my room. I insisted that we help her(Fluffy) recapture her little gift of love before I went back to bed, and she got it. Tiger put his mouse in the food dish when we all yelled at him for bringing it into the living room(took it out of the living room & put it in his dish)

Momstheword said...

Oh yeah, Julie, you're right. But I was right about the scream.

Anonymous said...

We had a cat named Cinderella who liked our brother mostly. Me he didn't like at all. The only way I could get him to come to me was to whistle really loud between my fingers. Then he came over to see what the problem was. I interpreted that as love. Oh yes. QOTW

Kay Day said...

And I'm sure the queen never did anything to Cinderella to warrant such disdain.
Queen is as unlikely to tease a creature as I am.

Momstheword said...

Sarcasm is hard to do without facial expressions and tone of voice. Not that any of these bloggers would ever use sarcasm! At least none of my family. What is the little thingy for sarcasm? :>C? :>#

Julie said...

I understood Kays sarcasm quit well. she communicates rather nicely