Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Julie the Vampire

When my sister was in high school (I think) she read "Dracula". We lived in a spooky house...spooky because it had creaks and the doors would shut by themselves (wind and air probably). Her bedroom was at the end of the hall, and I've already told you how spooked we were by the creepy hallway, and my bedroom was off the center of the hall. She either woke up and noticed, or was reading and noticed, but she had two red marks on the side of her neck (zits). The house was quiet (meaning I was quiet) and she came to check on me. I was sleeping on the top of my bed with my hands folded on my chest or something strange. This is what happened, and you can fill in the thought process my sister had. "Julie?" really soft like. nothing..."Julie?" a little louder...nothing...creeping a little into the room now..."Julie?" louder and closer. Nothing, "Julie?!" kinda loud...I slowly open my eyes...my red blood shot eyes (I was sick)...she says "Julie?" quiet again..."What?!" I croak. "Oh, just seeing if you were okay" turns around with a nervous giggle and leaves a confused, grumpy, sick sister alone to wonder why her sister is so strange.

4 comments:

Robin said...

No sister for me (did have two step-sisters for a good chunk of time) but my brothers and I did silly things too.

Momstheword said...

You know, we still live in that creepy house! You kids were the creepy things. I do admit to some strange things happening when we first moved here.

Melanie said...

:)

Paula said...

My sister read Dracula before I did. After she read it she would call from her room for me to come get in bed with her because she was scared. I said with very little sympathy, "No, you come in here." Later I read the book. I got scared at night and would call her to come get in bed with me. She didn't want to, but I insisted, so she did it.

For several years after reading that book, clear into college, if I saw a glowing red light, it made me nervous. Good times.