Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Grand Plans

I have grand plans.
My parents are comming to visit us in about two weeks, and I need to make some plans.
First, I hope that at least one of my sister's kids come out with them.
Or..all of my Colorado family come out to visit.
II. I would like to have my strawberry's ripe so we can have...strawberry pie, strawberry ice cream, strawberry's with a little sugar, and to graze in the strawberry patch...to eat strawberries.
C. I think that my kids always expect a trip to Ryans, or CiCi's Pizza, and the Dollar Store. The older ones now take money in place of the dollar store-how good of them, huh.
Third, I think we will have a cook out with our extended family (co-workers of hubby), and us all. The kids will have to stay up late-girls- and watch movies or something.
4, I don't know what else to plan, because my folks like to crash early sometimes, and the trip is a hard one to make.
They stay at a hotel. My dad has to go get coffee and a Mcmuffin every morning.
We do a lot of sitting and visiting, but that's alright with me.
I always forget what pretty areas to go see when they are out here.
Anyhow, it will be a fun time, and always goes too fast (for me at least :)).

5 comments:

Momstheword said...

Feels like I've already had my visit. :) It all sounds pretty familiar. Really looking forward to seeing all of you, not looking forward to the 13 hours on the road.

Paula said...

It all sounds good to me, Julie. Momstheword, enjoy seeing everyone. Spring should be really pretty there.

Robin said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit and that you eat lots of strawberries - eat some for me :)

Melanie said...

I LOVE strawberries ~ sounds like it will be a wonderful visit! Let me know if you make homemade strawberry ice cream and if it is yummy..send me the recipe!

Ruthie said...

Have a wonderful visit! I'm sure your folks will just enjoy being together with you and visiting.
Strawberries sound wonderful - are they actually ready to eat where you live???
Enjoy!