Saturday, May 3, 2008

Oh My!! You Don't Say!

I have a habit of putting myself into situations where I end up being very embarrassed. When I was a teenager I was walking in the mall with my Mom and sister K. We were walking under a escalator area thingy and it had a shelf up high with a man mannequin on it in some sort of a manly pose. I looked up at it and said in a very silly voice and way, " hello there mister man! I see you mister man!" My Mom and sis looked at me with a mixture of horror and shock and down right laughing at me, and asked me what was I doing? I said I was talking to the man on the shelf...they looked and said, "oh, thought you were talking to the clerk" The MALE clerk was laughing behind the register. All this happened very fast as we were walking past, but it seemed to be a loooong time. I am very silly...I know.
I don't know how many times I've made some sort of noise, or said some sort of word, or used some sort of voice at just the same time that all and I mean ALLL of the room goes quiet.
I managed a glass shattering belch in a Pizza Hut just at the same time the Juke Box finished a song...I've had to talk to a bus boy with whipped cream on my nose (K had some on hers too I think)...I've used the Church bathroom as my personal echo chamber only to find out that the whole church was listening to me...I've often been caught be-boppin' to some tunes while driving-not a pretty sight...I have been forbidden by my daughter to use the phrase "none-yo" as in none your business...I can, however, say "what-ev" as in whatever.
I think the lesson that you can learn from my trauma is that... drum roll...
You won't die if you do something stupid-as long as it doesn't involve firearms or race horses.

7 comments:

Momstheword said...

Good grief, Julie. Must you tell everyone how silly you are? That old "marches to a different drummer" thing. AGAIN! When Mr. Benton was trying to describe you, he had to resort to that, "Well, she marches to a different drummer."

Julie said...

sorry...

Melanie said...

I LOVE your new look!

Thank you for the laugh..LOL

I wish I had more stories..I was always so careful and self conscience that I have very few stories to share...to tightly wound up..that was me.

Kay Day said...

I like your new page, too!

You are so silly. i am more silly now than I used to be. I've lightened up a bit. Sometimes I catch myself dancing in the store. The car is ok, though. I don 't think anyone can see me in there.

Robbie Iobst said...

Julie, does anyone ever call you Jules, you seem like a Jules, I like your blog! And on this post I love your last line. We all do stupid things, don't we? But it is good. It's like adding a little paprika to the deviled eggs of life. Wow. That was deep. :0)

Robin said...

That was fun Julie - I think most of us do embarrassing things at one time or another. My daughter used our church bathroom as her whistle room a year or so ago and when I told her that everyone heard her she simply said I should have made sure the door was shut. It never occured to her that whistling could be reserved for another time or place... At least she's happy :)

Julie said...

Robbie, I have been called Jules and Jewels most all my life. And thank you to all who like the new look of the blog. I am silly, but the older I get the more I realize that everyone is silly,,,just most don't talk about it. :)