Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Feelings about Winter-1998

I see the mountains, with their amazing shades...

The slopes running down into crags.

Cut sharp...against the almost white sky...

I see the mountains as I go by.

I see the trees...cold and bare.

Dark skeletons standing in the thin air...

A promise of summer...a memory of fall.

I see the trees standing cold and tall.

I see the children running free...bundles head to toe against the chill.

They play in the snow...their own rules for each game.

I see the children running wild, yet tame.

I see the birds rise with the sun...singing together, or maybe just one.

They fly from the children into the trees...so I'll look at the mountains in this cool breeze.

Psalm 24:1
The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof, the world, and they that dwell therein.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Where were you ten years ago? Wondering where you wintered :)

Great poem!

Julie said...

Colorado Springs, Colorado. Looking at cheyenne Mt. I think thats how you spell it. 29 yrs old.

Momstheword said...

That's great, Julie!

Paula said...

We will be able to say, "I knew her when...." This is good. QOTW