Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Peace

When you think about a peaceful place...what do you imagine that to be? Some people think about a quiet library, or a sunny window seat in a still house. I'm sure others want an open park, or even a loud mall to sit in...so they can get lost in the noise (just tune out). I have a few places that come to my mind when I think of a peaceful place. One is my house just around one in the morning. Everyone and every thing is asleep. If I could function during that time of the night I would love it! Everything is quiet and...yes peaceful.
My other favorite place is this picture. I have always loved the southwest... the sandstone, and the cactus all of the scrub-brush. Snakes, lizards, hot air, DRY air,the huge blue sky. I also enjoy the mountains, but I really love the dessert/prairie landscape. I just always have.
I would like to share a Bible verse with you today... Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." So, wherever you go to find a little peace in your life, just remember that God is the only place where we can find true peace... even in the mall. ;)

5 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks Julie! If there is one thing we all need its peace. Beautiful picture too!

Julie said...

Ive been following you around everywhere today! Every blog Ive visited you are there also, and you give a comment like five seconds before I do! Ive had a ball trying to guess where you will be next, but Im on my last one. Thank you for the comment. I think the whole world is in need of peace, universal.

Kay Day said...

Nice post! I like it.
I guess I didn't know you liked the dessert stuff so much. I don't really. I can appreciate it, but that's about it.
I wouldn't feel very peaceful in that photo.

Momstheword said...

I knew you loved the desert environment. I like to sit where I can watch the sky and clouds.

Robin said...

Julie,

Your family is fun - thanks for letting me tag along and share in your joys, frustrations and learning in Jesus.